You are here:

Advising FAQ

 You may use the Minor Declaration application on eLion once you are junior standing or higher.

Contact Lisa Mangini, the English internship coordinator, and schedule an interview with her.  After an internship is arranged, she’ll add the internship credits to your schedule. 

A portfolio submission is not required for advanced writing courses.  The following courses may be taken twice for credit:  ENGL 412, 413, 415, 422, 423, and 425.

The 200-level ENGL major courses are controlled for English majors until sophomores start scheduling courses.

Students may obtain pre-approval of courses to determine how potential courses would count towards their major requirements.  The Interim English Undergraduate Director, Dr. Marcy North, reviews these courses.  Her email address is

If you are interested in becoming a writing tutor, contact  Elizabeth Parfitt by email at

ENGL 301M (controlled for honors students), 405, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 446, 447, and 448 fulfill this requirement.



ENGL 404, 426, 427,428, 431, 449, 461, 462, 463, 466, 467, 468, 469, 489, 490, and 492 fulfill this requirement.  Some of these courses are cross-listed with other departments; students may enroll under either course designation.